Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Looking Back at the Heard Museum Indian Market

Now that all the excitement of the show is winding down and I've begun to catch up on some of the things that I need to get done, I would like to give you a bit of a follow up on the Show.  As you may already know I was lucky in the competition and won 1st Place in the Pottery Miniatures category for my little Human Effigy Water Bottle.  Which is shown here.  I was really excited to win 1st place in this show.  The competition is very stiff and the artwork is all wonderful.  The Heard Museum Guild has put together a page with photos of all the winners.  I invite you to take a look at all of the other wonderful pieces that were winners in this show.  Heard Museum Indian Market Juried Competition Winners 2010

Not only did the artwork and the other artist's company make for a lovely weekend, but the sales were good too.  I think that a show where there are ample customers with ample money and a willingness to spend it is one of the most exciting and fun things you can do.  It really makes all the hard work worth it and gives me the motivation to work hard for the next show.  I'm hoping that this is a trend that will build over the course of this year and that the economy as a whole is on an upswing finally. 

Back to the show here are a few photos of some of the artwork that was available at the show from some of the artists that were happy to allow us to photograph their booths.

First we have a nice shot of some lovely silver jewelry.




Next is a booth with some flutes, masks and drums.

And another interesting mask.  I've put a few more photos on my facebook page as well so come on over there and have a look too.  More Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment